NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TERTIARY EDUCATION
DEPUTY EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for consideration for appointment as Deputy Executive Secretary of the National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE). The post will be vacant from 1st August, 2016
The National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE) was established by an Act of Parliament (Act 454) of 1993. The functions of the Council are stated in the Council’s enabling Act. The mission of the Council is to provide leadership in tertiary education by advising Government and tertiary education institutions on policies and regulation of tertiary education in Ghana.
The Deputy Executive Secretary shall assist the Executive Secretary of Council:
· In the day to day management and administration of the affairs of the Council;
· In the implementation of policies and decisions of the Council;
· In the preparation of reports of Council;
· In the supervision of staff of the Secretariat of Council;
· By liaising between Council and tertiary education institutions on one hand and Council and the Ministry of Education on the other;
· By performing any other functions that may be assigned by the Executive Secretary.
The Deputy Executive Secretary shall also act in the absence of the Executive Secretary.
The candidate must:
· hold a minimum of a Master’s degree, or preferably, a PhD, in any field.
· have a minimum of 10 years post qualification working experience in a senior management position in a Tertiary Education Institution/Sector, Civil Service or Public Service
· normally not be more than 55years
· have wide experience and knowledge in tertiary education administration and management
· have extensive knowledge of the tertiary education landscape in Ghana
· be aware of global trends and challenges in higher education
· be able to provide leadership and inspire confidence, as well as direct and motivate staff of the secretariat
· possess excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills
· be a team player, enthusiastic, self-motivated and confident
· possess strong organizational skills
· enjoy working to tight schedules and deadlines.
Terms of Appointment
· To be determined by the Council
· Salary and fringe benefits are attractive.
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates should submit applications with the following:
· Curriculum Vitae with names and addresses of three referees;
· Present Salary;
· A short vision statement not exceeding three (3) A4 pages outlining the applicant’s vision for developing higher education in Ghana.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Secretary
National Council for Tertiary Education
P. O. Box MB.28
(Location: Tertiary Education Complex, Off the Trinity College Road, Bawaleshie, East Legon, Accra)
The closing date for submission of applications is May 31, 2016.