Principal, College of Education
The country’s public Colleges of Education, currently numbering 46, are tertiary institutions with the responsibility of training teachers for our school system. They are also mandated to undertake Research, Teaching and Extension to graduate students in various disciplines of education.
The position of Principal for the underlisted Colleges are vacant. Interested and qualified candidates are hereby invited to submit applications for consideration:
1. Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong – Akuapem, E/R
2. Methodist College of Education, Akyem Asene Aboabo, E/R
3. Dambai College of Education, Dambai, V/R
4. Komenda College of Education, Komenda C/R
5. St. Ambrose College of Education, Dormaa-Akwamu, BA/R
6. Al-Faruk College of Education, Wenchi, BA/R
7. Mampong Technical College of Education, Mampong – Ashanti A/R
A. The Position
The College Principal is the chief academic, administrative and disciplinary officer and in that capacity shall, subject to the general direction of Council of the College, or policies that the Council may give:
1. Ensure the implementation of the decisions of Council;
2. Exercise general authority over staff of the College;
3. Be responsible for:
a) admission of students.
b) discipline and supervision of staff and students.
c) preparation of the annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration by Council.
d) providing Council with returns, reports and other relevant information as required.
B. The person
The candidate must have:
1. An advanced degree with a research component, preferably a PhD.
2. Rank NOT below Senior Lecturer, Deputy Director (GES) or Principal Tutor at the College of Education
3. Relevant senior management experience of at least five (5) years.
4. Proven leadership skills and be a team player.
5. Ability to direct and motivate staff.
6. Must have extensive knowledge and experience of the tertiary education system in Ghana.
7. Must be able to serve a minimum of one term of four (4) years from the expected date of appointment of January 1, 2019.
a. Curriculum Vitae;
b. Names and addresses of three referees;
c. A two-page vision statement for the preferred College; and
should reach the following address by Monday, 10th December, 2018.
THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TERTIARY EDUCATION
P.O. BOX MB 28