NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TERTIARY EDUCATION (NCTE) INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIVE TENDERING (ICT) REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST(ASSIGNMENT TITLE: PROCUREMENT OF TECHNICAL SERVICES FOR CENTRALISED APPLICATIONS AND PROCESSING SERVICE (CAPS) –
REF. NO.: GR/NCTE/ICT/TS/001/2019)
The National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE), acting through the Ministry of Education (MoE) of the Republic of Ghana, has received funds from the Government of Ghana to support eligible payments for the acquisition and implementation of a Centralised Applications and Processing Service (CAPS).
2.0 PROJECT OBJECTIVE
The National Council for Tertiary Education as part of measures to make tertiary education more accessible and to ensure equity and convenience in the process of applying to universities for admission seeks to introduce a Centralised Applications Processing platform, dubbed CAPS. This would offer prospective tertiary education students (Undergraduates) the convenience of applying to a specified number of universities without having to buy and complete multiple application forms.
3.0 SCOPE OF SERVICE
The services to be performed by the selected firm shall include but not limited to the following;
- The CAPS platform must be merit-based and should ensure equity in the process of application and admissions.
- Offer prospective tertiary education students the opportunity of applying to specified universities by purchasing a single application access code.
- Increase the chances of admission for applicants by providing access to multiple tertiary education institutions.
- Ensure seamless integration or interfacing with existing application processing systems within the tertiary education admissions space.
- Provide a flexible and reliable payment module to facilitate and ease the application process.
- Provision of an ICT infrastructure for the deployment of the CAPS
4.0 SELECTION CRITERIA
The National Council for Tertiary Education now invites eligible firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Firms should indicate their interest by providing the following information;
- All relevant business registration requirements
- Firms profile
- General experience for the past five (5) years (include reliable contacts for verification)
- Specific relevant experience for the past ten (10) years (include reliable contacts for verification)
- Required qualification of staff and appropriate skills
- Certified Audited Accounts for the past three (3) years
The Shortlisting of eligible firms shall be based on the firm’s experience and track record, technical capability and expertise of key professionals and the firm’s management and organizational capacity. Interested firms may associate with other firms (local or International) in the form of a joint venture or sub-consultancy to enhance their qualification and delivery. International firms in particular are strongly advised to partner with local firms.
Firms will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) procedure specified in the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663) and its Amendment Act, 2016 (Act 914) and in the Guidelines of the Public Procurement Authority of the Republic of Ghana.
5.0 DURATION OF SERVICE
The duration for the completion of assignment for test run and piloting shall not exceed twelve (12) weeks after award of contract.
Interested firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 17:00 hours GMT, Monday to Friday.
Expression of interest shall be in English and must be delivered in a written form in five (5) hard copies (one original and four copies) with an electronic copy on pen drive in sealed envelope and clearly marked ‘EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR TECHNICAL SERVICES FOR CENTRALISED APPLICATION AND PROCESSING SERVICE (CAPS)’ to the address below in person, or courier by 16:00 hours GMT on or before Monday 30th September, 2019.
Please Note: No electronic submissions via email would be accepted.
The Executive Secretary
National Council for Tertiary Education
P. O. Box MB 28
East – Legon, Accra
Tel.: +233-209 989 440