SIMON DIEDONG DOMBO UNIVERSITY OF BUSINESS AND INTEGRATED DEVELOPMENT STUDIES (SDD-UBIDS)jakunor July 7, 2020 0 COMMENTS
Advertisement: Position of Registrar
The Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies (SDD-UBIDS) – WA, Upper West Region, Ghana
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Registrar at the Simon Diedong Dombo University of Business and Integrated Development Studies (SDD-UBIDS). SDD-UBIDS, formerly the WA Campus of the University of Development Studies, Tamale, was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 1001, 2019.
The SDD-UBIDS builds on over 20 years of successful academic programming in Integrat-ed Development Studies, Business and Law, and Planning and Land Management. Act 1001, 2019 mandates the University to build an internationally acclaimed university offer-ing degree programmes to the level of PhD in areas including Business, Law, Social Stud-ies, Education and Life-Long Learning, Information and Communication Technology, and create Centres of Excellence in the special subject area.
DUTIES. The Registrar is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor, and is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible for the general administration of the University. He/She is the Secretary to the Council and the Academic Board and is responsible for providing secretarial services to all boards and committees of the University.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must possess at least a Masters degree in Educational Administration, Administration in Higher Education, General Management or any related relevant discipline with not less than 15 years post-qualification working experience and must have attained a rank, not below that of Deputy Registrar in a reputable tertiary education institution or analogous organization.
Applicants must be dynamic individuals with extensive administrative, management, leadership and professional competencies.
In addition, they must have:
- Evidence of in-depth grasp and application of administrative systems and procedures of Universities.
- Significant leadership experience at a senior level in a higher education or analogous institution.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, articulate and implement strategic thrusts.
- A record of creativity, innovation and change management in higher education administration.
- An in-depth understanding of the social, political and economic environment in which Ghanaian universities operate.
- A sound appreciation of emerging global trends in higher education.
- Commitment to the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Conditions of service are as applicable in Public Universities in Ghana.
How to Apply
Interested persons should:
- Submit five (5) copies of their applications together with their Curriculum Vitae, certificates and other relevant documents.
- Provide a minimum of two (2) pages and a maximum of (3) pages, their vision for the University and the strategies for achieving it.
- Request three (3) referees to submit reports on them directly to the Chair, Search Committee (Position of Registrar).
Applications are to be submitted/lodged by July 17, 2020, to
Search Committee (Position of Registrar),
c/o National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE),
SDD University of Business and Integrated Development Studies, WA, Ghana
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office,
321 City Road, London ECIV ILJ,
Email:………………….(same as the one above)